Monday, March 3, 2008

The YOUTH Vision

Rev. Roger Shock
Director of Young People's Ministry

roger@tupelofumc.com
662-397-2626


As Director of Young People’s Ministry I am responsible for young people between the ages of 13 to 30 years old. That is a broad range of people.

With a big paint brush stroke you will find the specific ministry areas of Youth, Camping Ministry, Higher Education and Wesley Foundations, and finally Young Adult Ministry under my area of focus.

The greatest needs and emphasis for me currently is improving communications throughout the Conference. I am working on a web site for Young People’s Ministry, creating a data base of students, young adults, & workers with youth and young adults, networking with Districts attempting to get to know as many leaders as possible.

A lot of my efforts point toward Leadership Development across our Conference. We can improve and create lasting Young People's Ministry quickest by training leadership that work with young people.Lastly, I am spending a significant amount of time listening to leaders and young people, and casting a vision for new relevant young people's ministry.

No comments: