Monday, March 3, 2008

MISSIONS Plan

Jorge Navarrete
Conference Coordinator for Missions Development
jorge@mississippi-umc.org
601-354-0515 extension 20.

What are your goals as we begin 2008?
My immediate task is twofold. First, to help churches and church members answer Jesus' call to missions and outreach and thus help them fulfill His mandate to be in mission. In this regard, I will direct workshops at district trainings and have conference call-ins regarding this integral ministry. Secondly, I will endeavor to encourage and support the start, growth and/or enhancement of all churches’ mission and outreach efforts by helping to equip, connect and support leaders in their recruiting, educating and motivating. I believe we will see a resurgence in people wanting to engage missions and outreach at home and abroad.

I hope that my lay background, business world experience and five year service at Habitat for Humanity International will help bring a new perspective to mission and outreach ministries throughout the Mississippi Conference.

No comments: